ECAD Energy Audits
Do you need an ECAD Audit?
The Energy Conservation Audit & Disclosure (ECAD) Ordinance requires sellers in Austin, TX to have a certified Energy Audit conducted prior to the sale of their home. The process is relatively simple and much less critical than a home inspection. We focus on the 4 main energy components of a home: (HVAC Efficiency, Duct Leakage, Insulation, and Window Shading). This is only required for Austin Energy customers selling homes that are 10 years or older.
Below is a list of common exemptions that may apply to you. If unclear whether you are exempt, it is best to contact us for clarification.
- Your home is outside of the Austin city limits.
- Your property does not receive electric service from Austin Energy.
- Your home is less than 10 years old at the time of sale.
Energy Efficiency Improvements through Austin Energy Programs
- You have made qualifying energy efficiency improvements through the following Austin Energy programs within the last 10 years:
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®, a whole-home energy efficiency program
- PowerSaver™ Program, through which you made three or more energy efficiency improvements or received a minimum of $500 in residential energy efficiency upgrade rebates (excludes Austin Water conservation, Austin Resource Recovery, solar installation, and other City of Austin rebates)
- Weatherization Assistance (available only for customers with low-to-moderate incomes)
- ECAD Energy Audit (1 HVAC System) - $125.00
- ECAD Energy Audit (2 HVAC Systems) - $175.00
- ECAD Energy Audit (3 HVAC Systems) - $225.00
- ECAD Energy Audit (4 HVAC Systems) - $300.00
- ECAD Energy Audit (5 HVAC Systems) - $350.00
- Solar Audits & Bids for Rebate Program-$120.00
- Same Day Reporting
- Same Day Scheduling/Audit
- Customer Service
- 20 Years Experience